Resonant Elastic and Inelastic X-ray Scattering (REIXS) beamline is located at the 10ID-2 straight section. It is a state-of-the-art soft x-ray scattering facility featuring high flux, high resolution, and full polarization control. By means of various photon-in and photon-out techniques under magnetic fields and at different temperatures, the facility is suitable for studying novel and advanced quantum materials, including strongly correlated electron systems, spintronic materials, high Tc superconductor, nano-scale biomaterials, etc.
Beamline Specification and Performance
- Photon Energy Range: 95 eV – 2000 eV
- Energy Resolution: 5x10-5 @ 100 eV, 1.3x10-4 @ 1000 eV
- Flux: 1×1012 @ 100 eV, 5x1011 @ 1000 eV
- Linear polarization in any direction
- Left / right circular polarization and elliptical polarization
- Resonant Soft X-ray Scattering (RSXS)
- Resonant Inelastic X-ray Scattering (RIXS)
- RSXS Surface Science Facility (offline)
- RIXS Sample Preparation Annex (offline)
- Beam Size on the sample:
- RSXS: 250μm (H) × 150μm (V)
- RIXS: 50μm (H) × 10μm (V)
The source of the REIXS Beamlilne is an Elliptically Polarizing Undulator (EPU) at the 10ID straight section of the CLS storage ring. The total length of the EPU is 1.6 m with a period of 75 mm. The range of the photon energy is from 95 eV to 2000 eV.
The Variable-Line-Spacing Plane Grating Monochromator (VLS-PGM) has three gratings to cover the whole energy range. There are four coatings on the plane mirror, namely Ni, Si, C, and Au. Combination of different coatings and gratings will help optimizing the photon flux and surpress the higher order harmonics.